Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday at the park

January 25, 2009

I woke up and got out of bed at a fairly reasonable time this morning. I didn't want to laze the morning away. I wanted to prove to myself that I could get going and that I would be ready to do it again for work Monday morning. After Jeremy woke up we decided to go for a walk at the park.

As we got out of the truck at the park a little girl caught my eye. She couldn't have been but two years old. She was a petite little girl with shoulder length blondish curls bouncing with every step she took. She was playing ball with her mom and her brother. There are certain kids that I see from time to time who look like how I imagine Harper would have looked. This little girl was one of them. My heart panged with a sense of loss. I didn't break down. I didn't cry. I just felt this sadness. I thought about how I would rather be spending my Sunday with my child at the park than anything else I could possibly be doing, and how lucky the woman was who had her two children there.

We had an enjoyable day nonetheless. I wanted to keep doing things, I didn't want to spend my day on the couch, so we decided to go to a movie. We went and saw Last Chance Harvey. It was a sweet movie. I managed to get a nap in after we got home. I felt well physically most of the day, until just about an hour or so ago. Pain started kicking in then and I started to feel a little panicked, "When will it go away?" But instead of focusing on the fear, I'm trying to focus on how good I felt the rest of the day.

Let's hope for a good night's sleep to start my work week off with.

No comments:

Post a Comment