Sunday, January 11, 2009

Living in fear

January 11, 2009

It just doesn't feel like my body is on my side these days. And I'm so tired. It has been so long since I felt good. Will that day ever come again? I don't want to complain - I'm grateful that I am where I am right now - no ostomy, post-surgery, etc. But that doesn't mean it's easy yet. Because it's not. And I get angry that it's not easy yet. Then I feel guilty for feeling anything other than gratitude for where I am.

Sometimes I want to turn off the guilt switch in my mind. I want to stop trying to make the best out of this situation and I just want to be ANGRY. I want to rant about how unfair all of this is. It is SO unfair. There is so much pain that I'm carrying around. I have lived through hell this year. Hell. I have been in physical pain and emotional pain for so long.

I think I'm even more angry because I really do feel like something is not right with my system yet. I just can't believe that what's happening is a part of the normal process. I shouldn't feel nauseous and sick every time I go to the bathroom (which is 10-12 times a day). I'm exhausted. I feel like my doctors haven't heard me. I'm scared. I'm so scared and I'm tired of being scared. I don't have much fight left in me. But I know that I am going to have to be smart tomorrow at my GI appointment and really verbalize exactly what's going on with me so that I am heard. I'm not saying that I think something is seriously wrong - it could be as simple as pouchitis (treatable with antibiotics), but I just don't think what I'm experiencing is part of the normal healing process.

Will I ever heal from this? Will I ever get past the fear that something tragic is going to happen to me again? I don't want to live my life in fear. I want my spirit to be free. I want to experience joy and peace. But there is fear everywhere I turn. God please, help me! I don't want to be afraid. I just don't know what to do.

1 comment:

  1. I think about you more often than you know. I just know that you are a beautiful soul and that you are needed on this planet!

    ReplyDelete