Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An attitude of gratitude

January 20, 2009

Today has had its ups and downs, but right now I feel the need to focus on my gratitude.
What I'm thankful for:

  • I'm thankful for my family members who call me to see how I'm doing and don't seem to tire of me.
  • I'm thankful for my husband who made me dinner tonight.
  • I'm thankful for my co-workers who hug me and squeeze my hands and ask what they can do to help me and never flinch when I respond.
  • I'm thankful for employers who are so authentic and kind.
  • I'm thankful for friends who send me e-mails and open up and share about their lives too (that's you r!)
  • I'm thankful for the few hours I had today when I felt okay.
  • I'm thankful for pain meds.
  • I'm thankful for health insurance (my bills from the last year total close to $400,000!)
  • I'm thankful for smart people who chose to go to medical school and became surgeons and GI's instead of investment bankers.
  • I'm thankful that I live in America!
  • I'm thankful for my dog who gave me HUGE kisses when I came home from work today.

Peace to you all . . .

5 comments:

  1. Reading your list of gratitude made me realize how thankful I should be. I hope you don't mind me stealing your idea and posting a list of things I'm thankful for as well on my blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Mrs. McGuire! (Wouldn't it be funny if I said, "No, please don't list the things you're thankful for!") The idea wasn't mine originally - I think I saw an Oprah years ago where she suggested keeping a gratitude list every day! =) Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! There's always something to be thankful for isn't there? And sometimes it seems the more we think about what we're thankful for, the more things we actually find to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Count your blessings one by one..." Every day is a good day to do this. This is the kind of thinking that gets one through difficult times. I continue to pray that each day you find more and more people, things, thoughts, etc. that bring you comfort. Thanks for checking my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am thinkful for this blog which lets me keep tabs on someone who is becoming a really good friend...

    :)

    r

    ReplyDelete