Friday, January 2, 2009

Keepin' it light

January 2, 2009

Things that made me smile today:
  • Seeing our neighbor's yard that had both Christmas decorations and a tree full of ripe grapefruit in it when I went for my walk. That kind of juxtaposition for a Midwestern girl is pretty funny. (And yes Mom, I went for a MILE walk today.)
  • Checking out the apparel and accessories at http://www.cafepress.com/jpouchgroup/427857 for people who no longer have a colon! I especially like the "I'd like to buy a bowel," mug and the "Got Guts?" t-shirt.
  • Talking with my sister and planning a weekend trip to Vegas with her; just my sister and me! My smile was extra big when I heard my brother-in-law get a little jealous that he wasn't allowed to go on the trip.
  • Dressing for my walk I was able to put on regular workout pants and a regular-sized t-shirt. I didn't have to worry about an ostomy pouch when choosing my wardrobe.
  • Every time I go to the bathroom I have to laugh at the arsenal of sore-bum accoutrements that I have handy.

1 comment:

  1. i can now be anonymous...

    thanks,
    your brother,
    jason

    p.s. - funny entry...

    ReplyDelete