Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Yep, I'm a list person!

March 3, 2009

Does God answer my toilet prayers? That's what I want to know. "Oh God, oh God, oh God, help me, help me, help me," I plead as I sit on the toilet in pain. I've been hanging on the last couple of days because I know I have an appointment with Dr. T tomorrow. I'm pretty certain I'm going to need another dilation on Friday. A warm Epsom bath and Percocet have been my saving grace this evening.

I'm going to have a serious discussion with Dr. T tomorrow. Questions to ask:
1) What caused the cryptitis? (And I guess more to the point, explain to me what cryptitis is please.)
2) What do you think are the chances at this point that I'm going to need a revision to my pouch?
3) What are the chances that I'll end up with a permanent ileostomy if you revise my pouch?
4) With the defocography study on the 27th, are we only looking for nerve damage, or might it tell us something else?
5) If there is nerve damage, is a revision surgery the only option?
6) Why do I seem to feel so much better every time I take the Cipro? What do you think it's treating?
7) Where is my pouch located on my torso? Is the lower abdomen pain that I have pouch pain?
8) I've read that 25% of women who have a total colectomy due to ulcerative colitis are infertile. What's that about?
9) What would pregnancy do to my body? What risks would be involved with pregnancy because of what I've been through.
10) Why would we need to wait a year before a revision surgery if scar tissue forms and people technically "heal" after six weeks from major surgery?

Oh, I'm so glad I made this list. Hopefully it'll help me sleep better tonight. I so need a good night's sleep. Last night I woke up (to go to the bathroom) at 11, 1, 2, 3, 4:30, 5:30. Ugh. It's so much harder to deal with the pain when I'm tired out. Somehow I managed to do it today. Let's hope tomorrow is better.

Here's to hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment