Thursday, March 19, 2009

How is that possible?

March 19, 2009

Could it be? Were these moments of happiness rushing over me? Was it joy I was feeling? Today was a wonderful day. I felt good when I woke up. I had energy and pep in my step. I can't believe I'm in this place! I am so grateful I could cry.

On my drive in to work this morning I started thinking about "all I've put Jeremy through" this past year. And then I stopped myself. No! I did not put Jeremy through anything. It wasn't my fault that all this happened. It just happened. And it happened to both of us. And that shift in thinking finally sunk in and I felt this new sense of freedom emotionally. I thought about the partnership that we have developed even more this year. We have dealt with some pretty tough stuff.

On my drive home from work this afternoon my heart welled up with love thinking about Jeremy. I'm in love with him. Thinking about him makes me happy even after eleven and a half years of marriage! Knowing that when I get home he will be there excites me; really it does. How lucky am I to be 34 years old and still in love?! And to know that it's more than just infatuation or marshmallow fluff; that there is real sustenance there, man that's fulfilling. What more could a person ask for? Really? I feel pretty darn content with my life right now (today anyway!). After everything, I feel content. How is that possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment