Thursday, April 9, 2009

Success

April 9, 2009

My mom made it through the surgery with flying colors. Right now, Sara, Jason, Mike and I are sitting in her room in the dark, each with our own portable electronic devices, sitting quietly while mom sleeps. She's in a pretty drugged up state, as is to be expected. I can't even describe the amount of love I feel for her. It's one of those times when words don't do justice.

I'm tired. It's almost 8:00 p.m. here. I'm guessing bedtime will be in the not too distant future, which is good because I've only had three hours of sleep since Wednesday morning at 5:30 a.m. And I'm doing just fine.

Emotionally I've just been trying to hold a quiet, slower space around myself today. There are a lot of feelings surfacing for me, but I feel selfish focusing on them, so I'm just holding them. I'm missing Jeremy something awful. He's the balance that I need. He the partner that I need to process with. In times like this, when emotions are deep and out there, he's the perspective I need, the reflection.

Well, I better get going. They're going to try to get mom sitting up now and I think she might need some cheering (at least I did at this stage!)!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray, glad she made it through. Here's hoping for good news about the surgery itself! Hey to everybody - and love!

    ReplyDelete