Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yippee-skippy

June 16, 2009 (Second Post)

Don't cry Abby. Don't cry. Don't cry. I tried to tell myself that this morning after a trip to the bathroom. I could tell the stricture had closed up on the opening of my j-pouch. And it happened so suddenly. How could I tell, you ask? When I was having a bowel movement everything was coming out in a stream like it was going through an opening smaller than a straw. Damn it!

You're only having this intense emotional reaction Abby because you were using all or nothing thinking. You had been telling yourself you were healed; this was all over. Just because you need another dilation doesn't mean things aren't getting better (pardon the double negative). This doesn't mean you're going to have to have another surgery and live with an ostomy again. Take it one step at a time.

I know, I did a lot of talking to myself today. So, as the story goes, I've got a dilation scheduled for Friday afternoon. Yippee-skippy. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment