Tuesday, February 24, 2009

To Harper

February 24, 2009

To Harper:
We were connected, you and me. My fluid became yours. Your fluid became mine. I felt the pulses of you. Suddenly it's hit me that you gave up. You reached a point where you couldn't go on any more. Or did my body fail you? Did I give up for you? Where did I end and you begin? Because a mother needs to know. What was I responsible for? Sweet child. Did my body fail you? Did you know you were giving up? What was that moment like for you? Please say it was peaceful. God please say my child was at peace. To imagine you struggling inside me, because of me; it's too much. Too much for a mother's heart.

2 comments:

  1. I have tears in my eyes as I read this. I haave severe UC, and am facing surgery here very soon. I am soaking up info online, and have come across your story. I too, lost a baby girl a little over a year ago. I was 26 wks. Her name was JoLynn, and my heart goes out to you and your husband. I recently started a blog as well, and am wanting to document my travel through this next year of surgeries that I am facing. Please know that your story is an inspiration to other you may never even know or meet. .... my blog... jessicaronson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything that I read on your blog seems to be what my heart is crying as well. I gave birth to my precious daughter July 5th 2008. I was 26 weeks, and what your heart and soul is crying, mine is to! My whole heart and soul goes out to you as well. Maybe your little Harper and my little JoLynn are playing together in heaven. Thank-you for this blog! it is an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete