Thursday, February 12, 2009

Authenticity

February 12, 2009

There is a new feeling I'm experiencing. Can you imagine what it's like after almost 34 years of living to be experiencing a new feeling? It's a type of love, I know that much. It just gushes up inside me and bubbles over and I don't know what to do with it. I try to express it to people, but words fail me.

Am I just starting to really feel what love is? You know, using the word love just doesn't do justice to what I'm talking about either. Because I have loved before now. Like I said, this is completely new. And I'm hungry for it. I want to be around the people that I feel it for. Okay, now it's all starting to form in my mind. I think I see what's happening here.

I am changing. I am more in touch with my authentic self. I'm not lying to myself about who I am or what I am. I'm not trying to be perfect or have it all together. I've been whittled to the bone and all that's left is me, imperfect and true.

I think either being authentic myself is opening this new floodgate of feelings, or I'm connecting with other people who are also authentic. Either way, it is amazing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment