Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A strange dream

May 26, 2009

I had a strange dream last night. In the beginning of the dream, we had just gotten a new puppy. It was a Dalmatian, and it was probably two or three months old. I started getting stressed out because we hadn't planned for this puppy. Django did fine with it, but we didn't have a fence in the back yard that would accommodate it, we didn't have food for it, and we hadn't planned on needing to invest any time in potty training. Then all of a sudden, the puppy became a child. We already had an adopted child who was four or five years old, and this baby was suddenly in our home too. It was something I had wanted, so I was deliriously happy to have it, but all of a sudden I realized that I wasn't ready for this baby. I didn't have diapers for him. I didn't have a crib. Every time I put the baby down to sleep, he would crawl away and fall or hurt himself. It took me a while to realize that what we needed was a crib. I thought I would make my own crib to make due until we could afford to buy a crib, but then I thought about how babies die sometimes when they get stuck in their cribs. I didn't know what to do. The baby was wiggly, kind of like a puppy, and I had a hard time holding on to him. I thought, "Well I wanted a baby, but this isn't at all what I wanted it to be like." The baby kept wiggling out of my arms and I hurt him when I would try to get a good enough grip on him so he wouldn't fall.
Then I woke up.
Hmmm . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment