Friday, May 29, 2009

I start walkin' your way

May 29, 2009

My dilation today went well. One of the important factors to me: they got the IV in on the first try and without me hardly feeling it at all! I didn't fight the meds today. As soon as I felt them take effect I shut my eyes and fell asleep.

I told Dr. T that I had started taking the Cipro again because within a couple of days of stopping it my stools became watery again and the frequency increased considerably. She frowned and said, "I won't lie. That's not encouraging news." But you know, I sort of feel like, "So what?" I told Jeremy, if I have to be on antibiotics as therapy for pouchitis, I'll do it - forever. I know of fellow j-pouchers who are on a monthly antibiotic rotation as part of their way of life. I'm sorry, but I would much prefer to do that than live with an ostomy.

This desire to live life to the fullest, coupled with an increased level of energy is going to make Jeremy crazy! I keep coming up with ideas and suggestions of things we should do; trips we should take, businesses we should start, places we should live. I think he panics a little. "I really am not ready for any change right now Abby. I need to know that we're done with surgeries and everything before we make any major changes." He keeps me grounded, even if it does frustrate me at times. I think we're a good balance for each other. Without him, I'd be all over the place doing all kinds of impulsive things. Without me he'd be a hermit. For the most part we meet in the middle and both seem to be pretty happy.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny because Amie and I operate the same way. We no sooner finish one life adventure then she is planning the next. I beg for a little time to recover and regain our "normal" life, but in the end find myself being drawn in.

    Like now, for example. Our exchange student leaves in four weeks but we are already moving on to the next possible project -- buying some land on the North Shore for a future cabin.

    I guess jumping from one thing to the next (her providing the inspiration, me providing the grounding reality) IS our operating normal!

    ReplyDelete