Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reprieve

December 19, 2010

I've been feeling some relief the last few days. I think my UC flare has been dying down. Whew! So not only does that mean my rectal pain has (for the most part) subsided, it also means my bowel movements are no longer like a faucet has been turned on every time I go. Hydration is so hard when things get like that, which means I feel faint and completely exhausted too. When I'm not flaring, I actually have bowel movements that are pretty close to solid and so I'm able to stay hydrated fairly easily. My frequency of bowel movements has gone down now that my flare has subsided too. Instead of getting up every hour and a half to two hours at night when flaring, I am able to get up once or twice a night. I can live with that.

I'm very much looking forward to my January 5th surgery consultation so I can move forward with having the rest of the UC removed from me. I'm also ever so grateful for the reprieve from pain. Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment