Friday, March 12, 2010

We'll get there

March 12, 2010

The past week, Jeremy and I have not had much time together, and the time that we have had has not really been quality time. It's been recovering from not feeling well or being exhausted. And that's all good. I understand that. But it's time to reconnect. So yesterday I asked him if he would meet me at the B-Line for dinner after work. As I headed over to the restaurant from my office, I found myself getting all excited to see him. There was something about meeting him somewhere instead of just going home that made it all feel so date-like. Know what I mean?

Earlier this week I was at home waiting for Jeremy to get home and I found myself worrying. He was just a few minutes late, but my mind started wandering. What if he's been in an accident? Should I call to make sure he's okay? No, Abby, relax. He's not that late. He'll be here. That scenario has been happening to me more and more lately, where I find myself starting to panic (just a little) about something happening to him.

He's my partner, and I need him. I was thinking about that on my way home from dinner last night. I need him. I felt like such a weakling for a moment for needing someone so much and then I thought, Forget that! We're human beings. We're social creatures. We all NEED people. And then I felt incredibly lucky for needing him. We've been through so much together. There will never be anyone who could ever take his place.

My in-laws celebrated their 53rd wedding anniversary this week. They've got 40 years on Jeremy and me, but we'll get there. We'll get there.

2 comments:

  1. Smiling as I read your whole post. Love what you two have together. :) And I agree--we are meant to need each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your date was fun and fulfilling! :)

    ReplyDelete