Friday, September 25, 2009

Vigilance

September 25, 2009

I have been struggling lately with my body image. And you know what? If that's all I'm struggling with, then I think that's a pretty good thing, right? So I'm trying to keep things in perspective here. But nonetheless, these negative thoughts about how my body looks have been infiltrating my dreams. Every few nights I have some dream that my stretch marks and scars play a role in. To be fair, I've been having some crazy detailed, realistic dreams lately with all kinds of thoughts from my daily life making an appearance. I think it might be one of the medications I'm on making my dreams so vivid.

I know this issue is all in my head. I know it. But I don't know how to make it better. Oh . . . well . . . maybe I do know how. But it's just so much work! It's hard to fight the negative thoughts when they're so prevalent. It takes vigilance. But I know that it's all about if I'm comfortable and confident with myself. I want to be there. I really do. And I'll get there. I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment