Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A night of good sleep

September 8, 2009

I woke up this morning and knew that I did not have the energy in me to go to work. A migraine hit me last night as I was getting ready for bed. That, together with going to the bathroom every hour or so and then waking up for an hour in the middle of the night outright exhausted me. So I called in sick. I stayed in bed all day. Jeremy was on-call today but did not get called in. He left to run some errands this morning and got home around 11:00 a.m., just as I was drifting off again. Apparently the longevity of my nap caused him some concern. When I finally woke up four and a half hours later he told me he was worried about me. He said he kept coming to check on me and make sure I was still breathing. "I'm okay. I'm just so exhausted," I tried to reassure him. And now this evening I can tell the Cipro is already starting to work it's magic. Hopefully by morning I'll be well rested and back to feeling like me again.

"Django, look at mommy. Isn't it good to see her with her eyes open?" was one of Jeremy's relieved statements this evening. While I hate calling in sick to work, I am very glad I took care of myself today and did what my body needed. Pray for a night of good sleep. Please God, let me get some good sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment