Thursday, July 16, 2009

On this day

July 19, 2009

It has officially been a month since my last dilation! I can't believe it. That's the longest I've gone without needing one. I am so hopeful that the dilations are over and that surgery #4 and #5 will not be needed . . . please God. I think Jeremy is even allowing himself to hope now that the surgeries are over - at least for the immediate future. Because I still have some disease in my rectum, the risk of cancer developing in that portion down the road is considerably higher. But it isn't a given, right? And so for the time being I am going to enjoy my health and the state of my body. I'm even going to finally get rid of the ostomy supplies we've been holding on to for the next surgery. (By the way, if you are reading this blog and have an ostomy and could use some free supplies, please let me know - I'd be happy to mail them to you.)

Will you indulge me for a moment in reflecting back on today's date? Thirteen years ago today Jeremy and I went on our first date. Thirteen years ago! We went to the Freight House in Stillwater, MN for dinner, and then walked along the riverside and talked. My heart just wells up with all this love for him when I think back to that evening. And then I skip and jump through the years; the laughter, heartache, friendship, arguments, all of it - God it's been a gift.

What's around the corner? What lies ahead of us? I can't help but wonder . . . (I suspect some good things).

4 comments:

  1. If I remember correctly, Jeremy didn't eat his dinner. You even stepped away and he still didn't eat any dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true! He only took a few bites and I thought, "Well I must be asking him too many questions and not giving him enough time to eat." So I went to the bathroom to give him a few minutes. When I came back to the table though, he still hadn't eaten much. Later he told me he was too nervous to eat. Hee-hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, it is nice to hear some happyness...you are in my thoughts...A fellow UCer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. jmp4z7: I always worry that because I blog to sort through the tough things in my life that people get the impression that I'm unhappy or worse yet, miserable most of the time. I'm really not! I swear! (smile) Thank you for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete