Wednesday, October 7, 2009

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

October 7, 2009

Out of nowhere, for whatever reason, yesterday was a day of reflection and gratitude for me. All day long I thought about things I used to have a hard time doing: eating certain foods, sleeping in a comfortable position, wearing certain clothes, showering, going to the bathroom (!), etc., etc. I thought about all the doctors and nurses that played a part in me even being here today and I felt overwhelmed. I want to run up and down the halls of the hospitals I spent so much time in and yell, "THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" Do they even know? I doubt that they do.

I wrote letters to my main doctors to thank them. I've sent e-mails to my surgeons letting them know how well I'm doing. What more can I do? I've thought about baking yummy treats and taking them to each of the floors I stayed on in the hospital, but I don't know that the nurses and techs would even remember me. Well just so you know, I'm open to suggestions or ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment