Sunday, May 9, 2010

2010 Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis


May 9, 2010

Yesterday evening Jeremy and I, aka "Team Cashman," completed the 2010 Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis walk. We raised $1025 for the cause and it was with pride that I wore the visor I received as a gift for reaching the $1000 mark. I would guess there were over 100 people there walking. There was "The Swollen Colon" team, and there were the "semi-colons" who of course had a large ";" on their t-shirts. There was a group of people walking in memory of a young woman who lost her life to one of the diseases with her picture on their t-shirts. There were kids and dogs, food, and music. It was quite an event for diseases about which there isn't much public awareness. One of the most funny parts of the experience to me was seeing the signs pointing to the restrooms everywhere with "Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America" written on them. Every sign we passed made me laugh a little harder. Okay, the game for the kids where they tossed toilet paper rolls into a toilet seat was pretty funny too.

There is nothing like the feeling that comes with doing something active to help make a change for the better in the world. Nothing like it! I said it before, but I'll say it again: Thank you so much to those of you who supported Jeremy and I with your financial contributions to this cause. Thank you!

I don't know how else to describe what I felt walking beside Jeremy other than to say it felt good. Down to the core of my being it felt good.

1 comment: