Sunday, February 28, 2010

Contentment

February 28, 2010

It's quiet this morning, the kind of quiet I drink in like water. It's been raining, so there is no guilt in snuggling up with a blanket in front of the fire finishing the last chapters my book that I'm sad to see end. Jeremy made waffles for us for breakfast. The sweetness of them balanced the bitterness of my decaf coffee perfectly. It's unusual for our home to be quiet. There's usually music coming from a number of different places, sometimes all at once. But this morning it was quiet. The perfect time to contemplate things.

But you know, instead of dissecting everything, right now I'm just going to enjoy what's going on around me. My husband is napping on the couch beside me, my ever-loyal dog is napping on the floor beneath me. The rain still falls. And I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment